What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that currently identifies you as a QCC member. It includes your name, home address, gender, birth year, and in some cases, the Ministry or Agency you were at when you became a member of the QCC, and whether you are an active employee or a retiree.
The Executive Director ensures that all QCC office staff are made aware of the importance of protecting your personal information in our trust. The staff are trained to observe the FIPPA and PIPEDA requirements at all times as a condition of employment.
Why We Ask For Your Personal Information
We receive and or ask for your personal information for the following purposes:
- If you are an active OPS or Agency employee, to determine your eligibility for the government’s employee long service recognition programs and to assist with the effective delivery of these programs on behalf of the government.
- If you are an active OPS or Agency employee or a retiree, to provide you with the QCC Trillium, and to keep you informed of our current products, programs, and services or those of our affinity partners that we believe may be of interest to you.
You can choose to provide us with some or all of your personal information, request that we delete your information as you do not wish to participate in service programs we develop on your behalf, or modify the personal data to receive information only on some services.
Receiving and Verifying Your Personal Information
We receive your personal information from your employer, the Ontario Government, or from you directly when you contact us for membership.
Keeping your Personal Information Accurate
Releasing Your Personal Information
- To administer the OPS Long-Service Recognition program while complying with service recognition guidelines and procedures;
- To provide you with the QCC Trillium, and to keep you informed of our current products, programs, and services or those of our affinity partners that we believe may be of interest to you.
Safeguards: Keeping your Personal Information Confidential
The methods of protection of your personal information with the QCC against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, usage, or modification include the following:
- Physical measures: locked filing cabinets and restricted access to the QCC office, secure disposal and destruction of member personal information;
- Organizational measures: security clearances and limiting access on a need-to-know basis;
- Technological measures: state-of-the-art technology system with use of pass word and encryption;
- Staff measures: training in all aspects of current privacy and information Laws and Regulations;
- Service Provider measures: signing of legal contracts and agreements containing clauses governing all aspects of privacy of information of our members and audits and site inspections of all third-party mailing houses.
- Governing measures: appointment of a QCC Privacy Officer by the QCC Board
Retention of Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information:
- To deliver long service recognition programs;
- To provide services long after your retirement;
- Or, until you request your personal information be deleted from our database.
A complaint resolution process is in place that logs the initial complaint or enquiry (both verbal and written) and records action taken to address the complaint or query. When a complaint cannot be dealt with satisfactorily by the QCC Executive Director, the matter is referred to the QCC Privacy Officer.
You may request the identity of the QCC official who oversees the Quarter Century Club’s compliance with all principles relating to privacy regulations.
If you wish to know how and why your personal information is used, please call the QCC anytime during our office hours.
Limiting Use, Disclosure, Collection & Retention
If you wish us to have your personal information only for the purpose of service recognition and not for Club membership, you are free to opt out anytime you wish to do so.
The accuracy of your personal information is necessary for the QCC to administer the service recognition programs and for mailing information on other QCC programs. You may be contacted by the QCC staff to verify your personal information in our database.
You are encouraged to contact the QCC if you wish to inquire about any aspect of personal information residing in the QCC database.