April 2020| Are you a senior executive with leadership experience in Ontario’s public service, association, for profit and not-for-profit industries? Would you like to contribute by providing strategic advice, governance oversight and championing a growing and transforming association as a member of the Board of Directors of the QCC?
We are transforming ourselves; building on 75 years of experience, while taking an entrepreneurial look to the future to become a modern, robust and valuable member organization. Our strategic priorities for 2019-2022 are: Developing leading practices around recognition programming; becoming a valued member-centric organization through program development and dedicated emphasis on member engagement; ensuring long-term financial sustainability through diversification and growth of revenue sources; and maintaining a committed practice of corporate stability.
The Board of Directors is currently seeking strong leaders to advance the QCC through our Strategic 2019-2022 Vision. Nominees should have:
- Commitment to the vision/mission of the QCC
- Board and/or Committee experience, or other relevant experience
- A high degree of self-motivation
- Strategic mind-set and high-level thinking
For the 2020 nomination cycle and to help augment the competencies of the board in achievement of the organization’s mission, the Board is seeking candidates with the following experiences, backgrounds, skills, and attributes:
- Specific skills and experience in one or more of the following areas: Financial (CPA); Human
Resource Management; Legal/lawyer; Investment Expertise; Diversity Leadership.
- QCC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the recruitment of members for its Board.
The major duties of the board include:
- overseeing the development of and approving a long-term corporate plan.
- approving annual budgets and operating plans.
- approving the organizational mission, values framework and operating principles.
- governing the organization through policies and objectives which are formulated with the Executive Director and staff, approved by the board, and reviewed periodically.
- selecting, supporting, and where necessary, replacing the Executive Director, including the regular review of performance based on a specific job description and approved objectives.
- overseeing the revenue plan in place to support the organization’s operations and programs.
- overseeing compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- working with management as necessary to represent the organization and serve as an advocate in the community.
- Duty of Due Care: Take care of the organization by ensuring prudent use of all assets, including facility, people, and good will; and provide oversight for all activities that advance the organization’s effectiveness and sustainability.
- Duty of Loyalty: Make decisions in the best interest of the organization; not in his or her self-interest.
- Duty of Obedience: Ensure that the organization obeys applicable laws and acts in accordance with ethical practices; that the organization adheres to its stated corporate purposes, and its activities advance its mission.
Directors shall be elected for a term of three (3) years by Members entitled to vote at a meeting of the Members, following the Annual General Meeting (AGM) September 24, 2020. No Director may be elected for more than three (3) consecutive full terms or nine (9) years.
- Board Meetings – Three (3) in-person meetings per year including the full-day Strategic planning/update sessions, and the meeting before the AGM, plus two teleconferences, and any extraordinary meetings as called by the Chairperson.
- Committees – Each Director is expected to serve on at least one Board committee. These meetings are planned throughout the year as required and committee work between meetings Annual General Meeting (AGM) of QCC – once a year, generally held in September.
- Time Commitment – A general time commitment of 3-5 hours a month on average is required to fulfill the duties.
Interested applicants are requested to submit an expression of interest and resume by or before May 19th, 2020 by 4:00 pm by filling out the online form here: https://form.jotform.com/201114266200234